The City of Utica is already home to Oneida County's largest medical district. It's the area surrounding Utica College, St Luke's, the Utica Business Park along with the substantial Slocum-Dickson Medical Group (SDMG) facility.
Together, along with medical facilities on the French and Burrstone Road corridors, they make-up the Oneida County Medical District, or "OCMD".
Join the OCMD conversation on Facebook at #OneidaCountyMedicalDistrict
Just as Buffalo has the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus 1.25 miles (a 30 minute walk) outside Downtown Buffalo, our district (1.75 miles from Downtown Utica) offers 300-acres possessing a very significant amount of synergy and investments; lots of Medical, Doctor, and Healthcare-related offices are strategically positioned throughout.
Buffalo NY has their "BNMC", its NOT downtown. Welcome to Utica's "OCMD", the de facto, newly branded, "Oneida County Medical District"! Its not downtown... https://t.co/kMkU7UeOeZ pic.twitter.com/OiCziFBo8D— #NoHospitalDowntown (@NoHospitalDwtn) June 21, 2018
Listing below are this districts healthcare and medical assets...
Currently on the 64-acre St. Luke's Campus grounds;
(1) Faxton-St. Luke's Hospital,
(2) MVHS Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (RNC),
(3) Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) of Utica & Oneida County, and
(4) Mohawk Valley Home Care.
Close to St. Luke’s are;
(1) Slocum-Dickson Medical Group PLLC,
(2) Bariatric Center of Excellence (Burrstone Rd),
(3) Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine (Champlin Ave),
(4) Kidney & Hypertension Consultants (Champlin Ave),
(5) Lincare (Champlin Ave),
(6) Medical Arts Ob-Gyn (Old Burrstone Rd),
(7) Mohawk Valley Nephrology Associates (French Rd),
(8) Mohawk Valley Practitioners (1 Notre Dame Lane),
(9) Healthcare Monitoring Systems (French Rd),
(10) OMNI Surgery Center (French Rd), and
(11) AR Physical Therapy (French Rd).
Inside the Utica Business Park opposite St. Luke's are;
(12) Cooperative Magnetic Imaging (CMI),
(13) Digestive Disease Medicine of CNY,
(14) Mohawk Valley Endoscopy Center,
(15) FootDoctors NY,
(16) St. Elizabeth Lab at Utica Business Park,
(17) ADHD & Autism Psychological Services & Advocacy,
(18) Francis Eye & Laser Center,
(19) Southern Tier Dermatology & Aesthetics, and
(20) William A. Graber, MD, PC.
(21) Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, 12 Rhoads Drive
Have a closer look at the Utica Business Park.
Utica College just across the street (Champlain Avenue) from St. Luke's are;
(1) Health Care Management
(2) Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(3) Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
(4) Physical Therapy Doctoral Program Faculty
(5) Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience
(6) Healthcare Advocacy and Navigation
(Work-in-progress; we'll be adding more links to UC's health and medical class.)
Road and traffic improvements, additional land for expansion and other medical-related services; (1) (New Signals & Turn Lanes), (2) Expanded Champlain Avenue to Oriskany Boulevard, (3) French Road & Burrstone Road Reconfigurations, (4) Additional acre between hospital and House of Good Shepard, with linkages to over 100-acres of the Old Main facility.
The MVHS Certificate of Need (CON) states that the Faxton Campus and St. Elizabeth Medical Center will remain functioning. They are just 1.1 and 1.7 miles respectively from OCMD, and each is surrounded by healthcare and medical offices; too numerous to mention (but we'll list them soon below)
What becomes of all these assets if the hospital was moved? There are too many questions surrounding the concept billed as "a transformation", "once in a lifetime", and "state of art". It just doesn't add up! Need more reasons to understand why OCMD makes sense? Just read all the positives of the St. Luke's Campus!